Welcome!

Glad you stopped by on this blog. I hope you enjoy what you read and would love for you to leave a comment. Helpful suggestions are welcomed. If there is anything I can do to help you, please e-mail me @ anitawriter7@ yahoo.com


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Heaven Calling

Here are a few excerpts from my work in progress, Heaven Calling. It will be a daily devotional. I'd love your input.

“The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble” (Psalm 9:9).

There are times in your Christian walk that you will stand alone, but you will not be abandoned. Others may desert you, evil may pursue you, men oppress you and darkness may engulf you, yet I will stand by you. Call out to Me and you will feel the brush of my garment passing by. Run to Me and you will feel My embrace. Trust in Me and I will be your refuge. Though all else fail you, I will be your strong tower. I will encompass you with My peace and joy. Lean on Me, for my stone walls are steadfast. They will not collapse or crumble.

“Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand” (Philippians 4:5).

When humanity leans on themselves and relies not on Me, they become self-centered. This leads to a rebellious and autonomous spirit, which promotes self. The world can be a cruel and harsh place with self on the throne. This should not be the way of My followers who yield to the Holy Spirit. Their gentle spirit demonstrates that I am on the throne of their life. Do not mistake this for timidity. A gentle, kind spirit is a powerful force. It can break the yokes of poverty, hatred, cruelty, ignorance and injustice. Show forth the spirit of gentleness and someday you will rule and reign with Me in heavenly places.

“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matt 19:26.

Never look on someone and say, “It is impossible for that person to be saved.” You look at appearances, on the outside; I look inward into the heart. I know how to reach down into the soul of man and till the sod of their hardened hearts. I know how to strip them of their pomp and their splendor and expose their pride. I know how to lift those stuck in a deep pit. I know who will and will not respond to Me. I can save whom I want to save. This is the impossibility I speak about to you. I will accomplish My will, and I offer you a part in My glorious plan of redemption. Now go and sow the seeds of faith wherever our foot treads and “believe all things are possible.”