Welcome!

Glad you stopped by on this blog. I hope you enjoy what you read and would love for you to leave a comment. Helpful suggestions are welcomed. If there is anything I can do to help you, please e-mail me @ anitawriter7@ yahoo.com


Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pray for ISIS?

As I was reading my Bible today, I came across a verse in the Psalms that usually convicts me. "Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth. Keep watch over the door of my lips" (Psalm 142:3). I know I need to be more sensitive to others when I'm speaking.
Talking is something I love to do! Watching what I say is not always top priority when engaged in conversation. So this verse prompted a prayer,"Lord, help!!" No sooner had I prayed that when the Lord whispered into my heart. Pray for your enemies.

That was an interesting statement as I had just finished writing an article on Examiner about the atrocities of ISIS. I elicited prayer for the persecuted Christian Iraqi's, but never thought about praying for the members of ISIS. Jesus challenged us to do exactly that. "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you" (Matthew 5:44). ISIS is surely an enemy of Christians and Jews, for their desire is to eliminate them, but Jesus still calls us to pray for them. So I did.

"Dear Father, you know the evil intent of these men.Just like Saul who was on the Damascus road to eliminate Christians, I pray that the leaders in the ISIS movement will have their own epiphany. They believe they are following Allah's edict to eliminate the infidels. Show them who you really are: Jesus Christ, who they persecute. Reveal yourself to them. Draw them to yourself. Turn a Saul into a Paul. In Jesus Name. Amen."

After I finished praying, the Lord gave me another idea. Why not have others pray and write their prayers as a comment? So I invite you to pray for ISIS, as crazy as it seems.Who knows what God will do?